Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The Angry Dragon and The Fine Line Between Comedy and A Call for Therapy

The images started to form in my mind before I could even attempt to block them out. It was too late to turn my mind around, and so I dove headfirst into the imagery that had been created from a description of “The Angry Dragon,” a lewd sex act from the same ridiculous, fantastic realm as the “Dirty Sanchez.” That realm? The realm of sexual encounters joked about a multitude of times more than actually practiced. Do you know anyone who’s ever performed one? Do you know anyone capable, who you truly believe has the gall, guts and glory hound attitude to even try?

The Angry Dragon.

I titled my head back, smiled, and quietly chuckled a genuine moment. Not at the joke as much as at the fact that someone had the imagination and lack of childhood therapy to construct its basis. Had I spent any more time wondering about the joke’s origin, I might have been slightly distrubed by it as well as my delight in its delivery. Alas, that wafer-thin line between joyous absurdity and the dark circumstances that drive it wasn’t crossed.

(The Angry Dragon? Hahahahaha…)

No comments: