Monday, June 18, 2007

I'm back, baby! (a.k.a I'm so lame.)

Within three days of one another, two events prompted me to become self-aware of my lameness, and eventually come crawling back to the blogosphere.

The first was an email I wrote to the two people outside of my family that I've known the longest. I can't remember a time before I knew Jim and Steve. We've somehow kept in touch with each other for decades, always making an effort to meet somewhere in person every few years or more. Well since I embarked on the Pointless Endeavor (readers of the blog will note that any endeavor of pointless focus is an endeavor bordering on godliness) of moving to Denver last summer (when unfulfilled blogging promises were made), I've been incommunicado with either of them. When I sadly realized this gross error in upkeep, I began taking stock of the things I have and haven't accomplished since moving here. One glaring neglect? This pointless blog. Indeed, I'm so lame.

The second was an email from a great friend and (bless his heart) one of the few previous readers of my even fewer blog entries. He asked me why I hadn't even attempted to keep this up, and when I was going to get my act together. Well Kev, I'm back baby!

I'm not one for excuses, oh who am I kidding. I love excuses. Coupled with a glass of scotch, they help me sleep at night. There are reasons for the neglect; too many to mention now. But with some retro-active entries to follow, I'll fill you in on the busy goings on of my life in Colorado.

It's been a long, white, harsh winter of hibernation. But with the hopeful rebirth of blooming flowers, my writing too shall once again rise from the rejuvinat-oh barf. I'm going to try writing this blog again. If only for Kevin.

No comments: