Thursday, July 19, 2007

GETSOME!blog


So I’ve decided to give my new blog, on my new and unpublished (got the domain names - just trying to find the right hosing service) site, a new name.

“6foot6” was kind of a half panic-half dismissive move when I rushed through the blogspot registration process, so eager was I to start a blog I wouldn’t ever keep up. When I was prompted to enter a name for my blog, I thought, “well, what defines who I am, and what am i passionate about?” “PizzaAndBoobs.blogspot.com” was already taken, so I just threw down a name representing my height, not taking into account that I’d really want to change that later. (Don’t think that my height doesn’t define me, or it isn’t something I’m passionate about. Oh no. It goes beyond passion and into “conspiracy.” Alas, for future posts...)

As for the new name, well, unless you’re blind to the oh-so-soothing color of tealish/powderish/skyish blue, you’ve already seen it in the title. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the GETSOME! blog.

Why GETSOME!? Well, first of all, it’s probably one of the greatest rallying cries in history and I can’t believe it isn’t yelled with more frequency. It can be used to fire you up to do anything. When it’s time to jump out of a plane, to offer up encouragement, demands and sushi, to challenge someone to a round of croquet or hand-to-hand combat, to drop in on a wave, to shoot tequila at a bar or water buffalo from a huey, to demolish a wall or a plate of nachos, and to instantly start a speedy car chase (scientifically proven to work 5 out of 10 times - the other five chases are instigated by the equally exciting but limited “step on it!”). When it’s time to embrace the moment and live stupidly. That state of mind is easy to attain; all you have to do is tell yourself and anyone who’s listening to GETSOME!.

It also nicely captures a little bit about me. I couldn’t think of a good name for my old blog because there wasn’t one thing that defined me or I felt passionately about so much more than anything else. There are a lot of things I’m into that define me. As long as it feels good, tastes good, sounds good or looks awesome, I’m probably going to dig it - not too hard to please. And that’s my life - getting into a lot of bitchin’ hobbies, people, movements, gadgets, styles and situations. And when you feel like reading about some of that - any of that - you can come here and GETSOME!, too.

Life is out there. GETSOME! blog.

(And get it at www.nealyoungcreative.com/getsomeblog/getsomeblog.html)

6 comments:

John said...

i would have thought that at least one out of the ten car chases would be preceeded by "cheese it! it's the cops!"

Neal Young said...

Oooo - good one!

Poor assessment of "speedy car chase dialog" on my part.

(I contemplated "follow that car!" but does anyone actually use that anymore? And, would ANY cab driver actually do it?)

AlanCalac said...

What about in the South? "Hold my beer. I think it's the cops."

Neal Young said...

Actually, in the south, wouldn't it be, "Uh oh...oh, never mind. It's the cops. Grab me a beer, will ya?"

But this should definitely be a blog post of it's own...

AlanCalac said...

By the way, was there a link to this new blog that I somehow missed? Also, is the 6foot6 blog gonna go to that great big forgotten blog bit-yard in the sky? Or are you going bi-blogal on us?

Neal Young said...

Er...no, you can't GETSOME! blog yet. I'm still navigating through the vast ocean of hosting services to choose from. A classic case of paralysis by analysis and one of the thorns of a free market. I just need to decide on one and go for it. Or rather, decide on one and yell, "GET SOME!"

I think that once everyone can GETSOME! blog, 6foot6 will only be used for posterity's sake. I was going to use it for my "nude and embarassing" posts, but then that's what pointlessendeavors.blogspot.com is for,right?